Translate

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

On again, Off again with the VStrom

I have been coming to terms with several aspects of my "riding life" over the past couple of years.  What I have determined is this; my body is getting older, my riding style has changed, my saddle time has drastically decreased since getting married and having children and superbikes are not the end-all & be-all of motorcycles albeit I still love them dearly.  Taking all this self-awareness into consideration I have been toying with the idea of possibly turning in my Ducati 998 for a more logical & comfortable ride.  Somewhere in the top of my considerations has been the Suzuki VStrom.  My closest riding buddy and dear friend who has simultaneously been going through similar self-awareness also has been looking that the VStrom and perhaps more closely than me.  He sent me a link to the article below which speaks of great first-hand experience from a motojournalist who has been riding one for the past 5 years.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/235/16149/Motorcycle-Article/Suzuki-V-Strom-1000-After-Four-Years.aspx?WT.i_e_dcsvid=289621507

I guess the ultimate problem for me is that I am simply not ready to give up my superbike but I am ready for comfort and versatility.  The answer is simple; have multiple motorcycles, one  for each and every riding occasion.  Oh, if it were only that easy.

1 comment:

  1. That's why I went from my Street Triple to my Tiger 1050. An aging sportbike contingent is quickly moving to adventure/touring bikes.

    ReplyDelete